Rocky Mountain Instinct Power Play Carbon 50 RED
The Instinct Powerplay will take you to the places you never thought possible. When it comes time to head out the door for that all-day ride into the forest or trails, you’ll be riding further and faster than ever before on what is Rocky Mountains most versatile e-MTB yet.
At Crooze our Master Bike mechanics fully Build you bike before hand Delivery nationwide.
Taking our Powerplay line up the next level, the Instinct Powerplay integrates our powerful Dyname 3.0 drive system on a 29” wheeled platform for fast rolling rides and long distances. Featuring the iWoc TRIO remote, our RIDE-9 adjustment system, tweaked suspension kinematics, and great small-bump sensitivity, the Instinct Powerplay is perfect for the big epic rides!
- Frame SMOOTHWALL Carbon Front Triangle. FORM Alloy Rear Triangle. Full Sealed Cartridge Bearings. Press Fit BB. Internal Cable Routing. 2-Bolt ISCG05 Tabs. RIDE-9 Adjustable Geometry + Suspension Rate.
- Drive System Dyname 3.0 Class 1 eMTB Drive | 250w | 108Nm
- Battery 672 Wh Fully Integrated Li-Ion | 48V FAST Charger | 80% Charge in 2:10 | 100% Charge in 3:50
- RemoteiWoc Trio
- Sizes S - M - L - XL
- Fork RockShox Pike Select RC 140mm E-MTB Approved 42mm Offset
- Front Travel 140mm
- Shock RockShox Deluxe Select+ RT
- Rear Travel 140mm
- Headset FSA Orbit NO.57E
- Stem Rocky Mountain 35 AM
- Handlebar Rocky Mountain AM 780mm
- Grips Rocky Mountain Lock On Light
- Brakes Shimano MT520 4 Piston / Shimano RT66 203mm / Shimano RT66 203mm
- Brake Levers Shimano MT520 4 Piston
- Shifters Shimano SLX
- Rear Derailleur Shimano SLX
- Cranks & Chainrings Race Face Ride Cinch 34T
- Bottom Bracket Shimano SM-BBMT500
- Cassette Shimano SLX 10-51T
- Chain Shimano HG7100
- Front Hub Rocky Mountain Sealed Boost 15mm Torque Cap
- Rear Hub DT Swiss Hybrid 370 Boost 148mm
- Spokes DT Swiss Alpine 2.3/2.0
- Rims WTB ST i35 TCS 2.0 Tubeless
- Tires Maxxis Minion DHF EXO Tubeless Ready 29 x 2.6 / Maxxis Rekon EXO Tubeless Ready 29 x 2.6
- Seatpost Race Face Aeffect R Dropper 30.9mm
- Saddle WTB Volt Race 142
- Weight 23.2 KG / 51.1 LBS
- Mid-drive slider
Your Powerplay bike uses a mid-drive slider to control the force of the chain and direct it to the drive pinion. This is a sacrificial wear item and should be cleaned, inspected, and replaced as necessary. Keep the chain clean and lubricated to prolong the life of the slider.
- Dyname™ 3.0 drive
POWERPLAYDesigned in Canada, in collaboration with Propulsion Powercycle, the Dyname™ 3.0 drive system is a sleek, lightweight, and powerful electric assist that pushes the boundaries of electric bikes. Its compact, low-mounted motor allows us to design electric mountain bikes to our suspension and handling standards—with proper geometry and ideal pivot placement. The system provides class-leading torque, instant power response, and super-fast charging.
- Size Specific tune
SUSPENSIONSize Specific Tune ensures that riders of all sizes get the right balance of small-bump compliance, mid-stroke support, and end-stroke progressiveness. Our design team does custom shock tunes based on real world field testing, and adjusts each tune for specific frame sizes.
- Mid-drive slider
- FORM™ alloy
FRAME CONSTRUCTIONFORM™ tubesets utilize premium materials to meet our strict requirements. Each FORM™ tube that we create is engineered for its specific purpose within the frame, ensuring optimized strength, weight, and ride quality.
- RIDE-9 adjustment system
The RIDE-9 adjustment system allows riders to quickly fine-tune their geometry and suspension with a pair of Allen keys. Nine configurations are possible thanks to two interlocking chips.
Adjust your RIDE-9 position for geometry before considering suspension effects, or variables like air pressure and shock compression. Make gradual, incremental changes, take notes, and be methodical. Don’t adjust in a hurry before a big ride. Take your time and enjoy the process.
- Smoothlink suspension
SUSPENSIONSmoothlink suspension is efficient yet supple when you’re on the pedals and across a wide range of gears. It features a controlled end-stroke and a rate-curve that feels more capable than the travel would suggest. This four-bar suspension design philosophy is centred on ride characteristics; each bike platform we develop balances variables like anti-squat, axle path, chain growth, rate curve, anti-rise, etc. to achieve the legendary Rocky Mountain ride feel.
- FORM™ alloy